- Are you interested in learning about the Catholic Church?
- Are you from another faith tradition and feel drawn to the Catholic way of life?
- Are you unbaptized and recognize the need for spirituality in your life?
Are you married to a Catholic and attend Mass, but just don’t know how to move toward becoming one of the Catholic faithful? Do you want your marriage to be sacramental?
- Were you baptized Catholic, but never received any formal religious education?
- Or a practicing Catholic who was never confirmed?
Then RCIA is the place for you! Every year, adults are welcomed into the Catholic community through this process. Sessions will meet Friday evenings from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Parish Office at St. Ann beginning September 23, 2022. Think on it, pray on it, and join us! Spouses are also welcome.
The registration deadline for 2022/23 RCIA is August 31. Please call the Office at 708-895-6700.
What is RCIA?
RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, the process by which an adult person is initiated into the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. The candidate is educated and formed in the Christian faith, with the local parish community serving as both catechists and models, leading them to a greater understanding of our Catholic faith as they prepare to receive the sacraments. For more information, please call the office at 708-895-6700.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Youth (RCIY)
RCIY is offered for those children who have not been fully initiated in the Catholic Church by the age of 7 and who wish to join us in our faith by celebrating the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.